It seems like I'm always on the hunt for a healthy workout snack that is also tasty. I often need a little bite in between teaching classes, but don't want to have the feeling of a full tummy. I also know it's important to have some sort of protein right after a workout, and this recipe is perfect for both scenarios.
This is as easy as it gets. It's yummy, fast, and has easy-to-find ingredients. Make sure to use semi-sweet or even dark chocolate chips (depending on your preference) since they have less sugar than milk chocolate chips. I keep these power bites in the refrigerator because I like the texture better...
Peanut Butter Power Bites
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 to 2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Pure Cacao Power
• Put all of the ingredients in a big bowl and stir together well with a sturdy spatula.
• Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
• Roll into 15-20 power bites.
Thank you for reading! Sign up for my free Monthly Newsletter here. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram here:
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving