This salsa recipe is embarrassingly easy. It takes just minutes to make and it is so. much. better. than store-bought salsa. Read on for the simple recipe.
Other than the ingredients, all you need to make this salsa is a decent food processor. I recently got this new food processor, and I love it because it's a blender, food processor and single serving blender all in one. That last function is why I love it so much. I can easily make protein shakes for 1, smoothies for 1, marinades and salad dressings without dirtying up the blender.
Pair this salsa with your favorite tortilla chips, and my Dry Rosé Sangria for a perfect happy hour treat! It also goes great with guacamole.
Embarrassingly Easy Salsa:
2 Cans (14 oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
3 Garlic Gloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1 Medium White Onion
3/4 Cup Cilantro Leaves
1-2 Jalapeño Peppers, seeded for less heat
1/2 Lime, juiced. (Keep the other half in case you need more lime juice.)
1/2 tsp salt
• Place the garlic in the food processor and pulse it a few times to make sure the garlic gets finely processed. No one wants a big surprise bite of garlic.
• Open the diced tomatoes and drain/discard most of the juice. Leave a little.
• Add the tomatoes and all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth, but not runny. Leave some texture; this is not a smoothie.
• Taste it to see if it needs more salt, lime juice or heat (jalapeño). If so, add it and blend again.
Love + Light.
Thank you for reading! Sign up for my FREE Monthly Newsletter here. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube here:
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving