Hi Friends! I love a good adventure and get asked pretty often for my trip notes. Thus, this "column" was born. :) A place where I simply post my travel itineraries with notes and insight. Hopefully, it will give you some tips and help if you ever find yourself traveling to the same places.
My husband and I just returned from a super awesome 9 day adventure in Canada. We traveled to Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, and Yoho National Park. I highly recommend this trip, (even for all you homebodies out there) for several reasons:
• Almost everyone speaks English - so that's convenient.
• They drive on the same side of the road - so driving isn't intimidating.
• Canadians are really nice and helpful.
• Even for those of us on the East Coast, it's only a 2 hour time difference.
• If you're a hiker, once you purchase your park pass, you're done paying fees. So that's great- and cheap- if you like to hike.
• The hikes are just amazing. And there are TONS to choose from for all levels.
• It's GORGEOUS. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
You'll notice that I only list one meal a day, and that's because we try to eat somewhat healthy when traveling, or at least ever since we both gained 8 pounds on a certain trip to Oregon Wine Country. Ouch. We pack our own healthy snacks and hit the grocery store for easy meals, which saves money and calories. To read more about my strategies on this, read my blog post How To: Travel and Still Eat (Relatively) Healthy.
Anyway, here's my itinerary, notes and insights. Happy Traveling!
I just got back from Texas where I attended a 4 day yoga training, and got inspired to write this very post. One of my favorite things to do is travel, but there's no doubt that it's challenging to stick to your healthy eating habits when you're on the go. Over the years and adventures I've had, I've thought this through a lot and I will surely continue to refine and learn new ways to make this easier. For now, here are my thoughts on traveling while still maintaining something that resembles a healthy diet.
I can't believe it's been a year since I boarded a plane to India. I’ve been missing it a lot lately since it was this time last year that I was packing for my trip... And that has me thinking a lot about my experience in India and the whole adventure of it all. What stands out from MY experience of India was: genuine, sincere people who are grateful and happy with less. Read on for my perspectives from my amazing time there.
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving