This is one of my favorite summer side dishes, and it can be made in only minutes! Make sure to try this out soon, while summertime tomatoes are still around. It could serve as an appetizer, a side salad, or I've even thrown it on top of chicken nachos. It's so easy, tasty, and healthy...
This is also incredibly easy. It’s pure genius. I originally got this recipe a couple years ago from this blog Healthy Meals in Minutes and I thank them for making my world better by publishing this recipe.
Here are a few notes of mine regarding the recipe:
• The original recipe calls for lemon juice, but lime juice is just as delicious. I can’t decide which way I like it better, but I usually use lime.
• The recipe calls for 2 avocados and 2 large tomatoes. For just 2 people, I half this. Yet another reason this recipe is so practical and easy... it’s easily multiplied or divided for whatever quantity you need. Basically, just use equal parts avocado and ripe tomato, and it will be amazing. Alter the lemon juice and cilantro to go along with the quantity change.
• If you don't know how to cube an avocado, it's easy. Just halve the avocado, pop out the pit, and make a grid pattern in the fruit of the avocado all the way down to the skin. Then, gently scoop out the fruit, and it will fall out in cubes. I have a handy dandy avocado-slicer-tool-thing that makes it a lot easier, which I use any time I cut an avocado.
Here's the recipe. So tasty. So fresh. So healthy. Enjoy!
2 Ripe Avocados, cubed
2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, OR Lime Juice
3-4 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper
*I've also added a little chopped green onion to this, and it's delicious as well.
• Gently mix it all together with a large spatula, trying to avoid turning it into mush, and serve before the avocado turns brown. That’s really it.
Thank you for reading! Sign up for my free Monthly Newsletter here. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube here:
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving