A letter to myself.
• I don’t need anyone’s permission to live a bold, creative life.
• Stop waiting for everyone’s approval.
• While you're at it, don’t wait on any one specific person’s approval either...
Namaste has become a common word here in the West. Since I live and teach yoga in a small town, I'm often asked what it means, especially by those who are new to yoga.
Many new students have approached me after class and asked what Namaste means. Sometimes they look concerned or suspicious. I think it's the way we say it at the end of class... with reverence, with hands at prayer pose, eyes closed... sometimes inserting a small bow of gratitude. It can be confusing and maybe even uncomfortable if you're witnessing it for the first time.
Let's clear it up, then.
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving