Back pain is such a common woe. I hear about it all the time from my friends, family, yogis and the ladies I personal train. It can be caused by many things, so if you're having severe back pain, don't be silly and fight through it-- go see a doctor. Hopefully you're not in that category, though. Many people suffer from chronic back pain that can be a simple as incorrect movement patterns (see my blog post with video tutorial on how to bend and hip-hinge correctly which is a major factor with back pain), or not activating the right muscle groups and leaving your spine supported in a less than sturdy way.
In the spirit of this "column" of mine, here is ONE exercise you can do DAILY to help strengthen your back.
Recently, a new yoga clothing company called Aqua Burns, reached out to me. Their website is chock full of fun, funky, and bright designs. Most of my yoga clothes are black, grey, or dark green, so I thought it would be fun to try out a funky design or two that this company is known for. So far, I love them...
Hi Friends! I love a good adventure and get asked pretty often for my trip notes. Thus, this "column" was born. :) A place where I simply post my travel itineraries with notes and insight. Hopefully, it will give you some tips and help if you ever find yourself traveling to the same places.
My husband and I just returned from a super awesome 9 day adventure in Canada. We traveled to Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, and Yoho National Park. I highly recommend this trip, (even for all you homebodies out there) for several reasons:
• Almost everyone speaks English - so that's convenient.
• They drive on the same side of the road - so driving isn't intimidating.
• Canadians are really nice and helpful.
• Even for those of us on the East Coast, it's only a 2 hour time difference.
• If you're a hiker, once you purchase your park pass, you're done paying fees. So that's great- and cheap- if you like to hike.
• The hikes are just amazing. And there are TONS to choose from for all levels.
• It's GORGEOUS. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
You'll notice that I only list one meal a day, and that's because we try to eat somewhat healthy when traveling, or at least ever since we both gained 8 pounds on a certain trip to Oregon Wine Country. Ouch. We pack our own healthy snacks and hit the grocery store for easy meals, which saves money and calories. To read more about my strategies on this, read my blog post How To: Travel and Still Eat (Relatively) Healthy.
Anyway, here's my itinerary, notes and insights. Happy Traveling!
Hi, I'm Blake. I love adventure, cooking, costume parties, wine, yoga, and reading...in that order. Follow my blog for yoga stuff, fitness tips, & healthy recipes...
• The Meaning of Namaste
• Confessions of a Self Care Hypocrite
• Living In The Age Of Social Media: Swapping Comparison for Gratitude
• My Exercise Manifesto
• 4 Exercise Hacks To Get YOU Moving